Eat regularly and at regular intervals. Don't get too hungry. Eat healthy snacks, fruits and milk.After becoming pregnant, many people become addicted to a variety of foods. He who did not like sweets before, is seen at this time to eat sweet food. Some get addicted to spicy food, some go crazy for fast food. Someone again eats sour all day. Food cravings are when you suddenly become addicted to certain foods during pregnancy.
Why is the food Craving
- .It is unknown at this time what he will do after leaving the post. However, at this time there is an excess of various hormones in the body. The effect of these hormones is to drastically change the mother's eating habits and increase the need for food for the fetus to grow.
- A type of amino acid called neuropeptide Y is secreted from the hypothalamus of the brain and signals hunger, satiety or taste. Studies have shown that the secretion of neuropeptide Y increases during pregnancy.
- Insomnia or lack of sleep at night is also considered as a cause of this food craving.
- Starting from the end of the first three months of pregnancy.
- Food cravings are most common during the four to six months of pregnancy.
- Towards the end it decreases again.
What to do to avoid unhealthy foods
- Eat food regularly and at regular intervals. Don't get too hungry.
- Eat a healthy amount of healthy breakfast, fruits, milk. Satisfaction lasts a long time by eating fibrous food.
- Don't go to fast food or grocery stores when you are very hungry.
- Try to get enough sleep at night.
- Control the mind.
Food for pregnant people during corona.
Pregnant women are at a much higher risk of contracting the corona virus than others. Because, at this time their body's immune system is low. For this they need extra care, proper nutrition. This will increase the mother's immunity as well as ensure the proper growth of the fetus.
Whatever you put on the menu
- The daily diet should include fresh colored vegetables.
- Try to eat at least three types of vegetables (at least three colors) and fibrous foods a day.
- Try to eat fruit every day. In this case, give priority to local vitamin C-rich fruits such as lemons, oranges, guavas, etc.
- Include whole grain foods such as wheat flour, red rice, oats, corn or popcorn.
- Adequate protein foods should be eaten every day. This will increase the immunity as well as the fetus will grow properly. One egg, 2-3 pieces of fish, and chicken should be eaten every day.
- As a vegetable protein, you can eat seed foods such as pumpkin seeds, bean seeds, jackfruit seeds, and some types of pulses. This will meet the demand for protein as well as essential minerals.
- Calcium and vitamin D-rich foods should be eaten. Include milk, cheese, nuts such as almonds, walnuts, peanuts, walnuts, pistachios in your daily diet. Calcium and vitamin D help boost the immune system and strengthen the baby's bones. Stay in the sun for at least 15-20 minutes between 10 am and 2 pm to make up for vitamin D deficiency.
- Eating half to one cup of yoghurt every day is good for health. This will increase the beneficial bacteria in the gut.
- Refrain from eating processed foods, foods given color and flavoring agents.
- You can do light exercise, yoga, meditation at home three-four days a week. The mind is cheerful. Besides, immunity will also increase. This will ensure the proper growth of the baby.